Tuesday, February 21, 2017



Bonnie Tucker



Being Filled by the Light of God's Love


Colorful sunrise

 Being Filled John 17:12-13, “While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves.” (Holy Bible, ESV)

 This week was a time that I struggled with the problem of letting go. I had just distanced myself from some family considerations that I felt I was being pulled into and did not want to be there. As I was doing my devotions for the night I started reading in John 17. These verses made me realize that even though I wanted to be there to help them, that I had to let go and let them make their own decisions. I came to a hard realization that I was not going to always be here to give them advice; I needed to allow them to grow in Jesus and become their own person. After reading theses verses and talking to God, I had the most restful peace settle over me and I knew he had it in His hand. 


 Resources
Allen, A. (2015). Authenticity: What happens when the real you show up.
         Storyboard, LLC. Printed in the United States of America

Clinton, T. and Springe, P. (2012). Break Through. Worthy Publishing, Brentwood, TN

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Bonnie. Yes, letting go can be quite difficult. It can be especially difficult when the letting go involves deep emotions such as love, care, emotional investment, pain, loss, anger, fear, lack of control, etc. For individuals who have experienced great loss in their lives, letting go is not a one-time occasion, but sometimes it is an act of the will to be made over and over again. Many clients who come into counseling will be experiencing these types of emotions, and as a future counselor, you may have the wonderful opportunity to walk alongside people through the journey of letting go.

    ReplyDelete